HTMC members are of all ages and represent very diverse backgrounds. However, our common bond is a love of hiking, a commitment to conservation, and a desire to preserve access to hiking areas.
While many of HTMC’s activities are open to the public, there are clear advantages that come with membership:
- Members show their support of HTMC’s goals and programs by maintaining their membership.
- Members elect the HTMC board and are consulted via on-line ballots whenever major issues arise.
- Members may serve on HTMC Committees and volunteer to become Board Members, Hike Coordinators and Committee Chairs.
- Members are encouraged to play an active role in setting goals and organising HTMC activities, including hikes and social functions.
- Only members have access to the Members-Only sections of the HTMC webpage and are eligible to participate in Members-Only Hikes.
- The suggested donation for hikes does not apply to members.
- Members enjoy free day-use of the Waimanalo clubhouse facilities and reduced rates on overnight stays.
- Life Members pay no annual dues.
To become a member, you must
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Participate in at least three HTMC sponsored hikes within the 12 months prior to applying for membership (this may include up to two Sundays of Trail Maintenance, but the 3rd hike must be a regular HTMC sponsored hike). Note that hikes that you go on your own or with your friends that are not listed on the HTMC website are not HTMC sponsored hikes even if they are on the same trail/route as previous/future HTMC sponsored hikes.
- Fill out a membership application.
Annual Dues from 2020 are $40 and for new members may be prorated (as listed below) for the first year. Thereafter, annual dues are due no later than January 31. Members renewing before midnight on December 31 may pay the reduced rate of $30, although we strongly encourage them to make a further (suggested) tax-deductible contribution of $10 to the HTMC Endowment Fund or the HTMC General fund.
Membership applications are initially approved by the Membership Coordinators but must then be confirmed by the HTMC Board of Directors, so please allow some time for processing your membership application.
* Includes $31 early-bird renewal for the next calendar year